University Research Grant (GPU) phase 2/2015 is now open for all qualified academic staff.
- The amount proposed must not exceed the amount stated in the table below.
|Research Field||Maximum Amount (RM)|
|Science and Technology||20,000.00|
|Maximum Amount (RM)||Total articles (Indexed journal)|
- All proposals must be presented to the evaluation committee.
- Maximum number of research member can not exceed more than 4 people (including the leader).
- Applicants do not lead any active research project under GPU.
- Applicants can only lead one research project.
- Research project must be completed within a 12 months period and no extensions will be given.
- A co-researcher can only join one research project.
- Only a permenant or a contract academic staff with service gred DS52 and below can apply for the grant
- Teacher education (niche of UPSI)
- Current/critical issues related to education system of the nation.
- Any issues that can develop and uphold UPSI status.
|01/06/2015||Pre-anouncement by e-mail.|
|01/07/2015 - 30/07/2015||30||GPU application open.|
|31/07/2015 - 13/08/2015||14||Evaluation by Faculty|
|14/08/2015||GPU application close.|
|17/08/2015||RMIC checked for incompleted forms.|
|25/08/2015||First evaluation by RMIC.|
|01/09/2015 - 07/09/2015||7||Application form return to faculty for the proposal that need to be improved.|
|8/09/2015||RMIC receive application form that had been emended.|
|*09/09/2015 - 15/09/2015||5||Second evaluation by RMIC.|
|#29/09/2015||MJPU confirmation of approval.|
|30/09/2015 - 06/10/2015||5||Offer letter and research undertaking is issued.|
|07/10/2015 - 21/10/2014||10||Completed research undertaking must be submitted to RMIC|
|22/10/2015 - 28/10/2015||5||Letter of approval to conduct research will be issued.|
- * if applicable
- # to be advise
Due Date14th August 2015 (Friday)
How to ApplyAll applications must complete a university research application form (third revision) which can be downloaded from RMIC website.
Qualification of ApplicantEnergetic and creative researcher, Malaysian citizen aged below 40, residing in Malaysia, engaged in a basic fundamental scientific research field excluding mathematics and clinical medicine at a research facility in Malaysia, whose work has the potential to contribute greatly to the advancement of science and technology.
Research GrantThe Foundation will provide up to about RM300,000.00 for research grants per year, comprising 10 to 15 grants of not more than RM60,000.00 each (including 5 to 10 grants from Toray Science Foundation, Japan worth about ¥5 million in total).
The Foundation reserves the right to vary the number and amount of the grants at anytime at its absolute discretion without prior notice.
Recommending University/InstitutionRecommendation must be submitted by an authorised representative of a scientific or professional institution or a university of which the applicant is a member.
Application ProcedureComplete the Application Form which is obtainable from MTSF or from the MTSF website and return the same to MTSF at the mailing address stated therein.
Click here to download the form.